Thursday, February 18, 2010

// Allocation \\

A temporal existence filled with busy-bodies who feel that our time is well spent only on their desires, on their objectives, on their will, such is the fate of all humanity!

Such is the selfish view of many within our world; he feels that the self is their greatest obligation. This obligation of the self has overridden the programming of our culture, leading to laziness, greed, corruption... and most importantly, it has caused the individual to cause the scales of obligation to become unbalanced, favoring themselves and the more favor they bring towards themselves, the more the scale tips, and eventually the other obligations fall ontop of them and crush them utterly.

That is why I seek not to be obligated to myself solely, rather, to create a balance. Work and play can always co-exist happily, but one must be careful when attempting this balance.

I've struggled with this matter for a long time, often finding education getting in the way of MY wants of MY personal obligations. However, such complaints were the equivilent of a spoiled child, wanting full attention on themselves.

I will be do my work obligations at work, leaving any and all concerns of problems behind. I will complete my educational obligations in a timely manner, rather than leaving them for the very last possible minute. The obligations to my loved ones and friends will be met as I am able, and any other obligations will be completed according to schedule and need.

It is easy to say such things. The true test will be to act. However, I have faith I can properly allocate my time to meet my obligations and still have time for a bit of relaxation.

I understand that these may sound like the selfish ramblings of a madman, however, I ask you simply to consider what I've said.

(NOTE: This may seem a bit clustered, dramatic, and strange, but basically I'm just saying how I'm going to try and balance my time better since it's causing me a lot of headaches NOT balancing it well. Oh, and thanks to all who have replied to my posts! I will learn to reply to everyone's as well! =D )

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! It seems these days every day of my life is booked! LOL ha ha ha Leaving no time for play. All I do is work all the time or go to school. With the bad economy and the raise of interest rates on credit cards I am forced to work work work to pay off debts I owe. I seen on TV another guy is doing the same thing. His credit card rate was 8% APR and the Credit Card Companies hiked it to 24% APR interest rate. They hiked mine to 27.9% APR interest rate! I had to close the account and pay it off. That is high way robbery! What does the future hold for credit cards I wonder? According to TV America has lowered their debt to 8% and is using less plastic to purchase items. I find with everything that is going on I have no time for a relationship in my life. I barely have time to go out with my friends. I have 3 jobs and go to school! Some people do not know how I do it. At least I do not have kids that I have to take care of on top of all that. Yet I find myself so busy! I remember the days where I could be more laid back and go out to see a movie, go on vacation, see my friends, just take a walk in the park, etc. I just find myself not having much time for myself. Not to mention money to go out and do all these nice things. Our family use to go to Beef & Boards and now we do not even have the money to do that! I find myself juggling my time to meet the demands of everything that is going on in my life right now. I want to pull my hair out sometimes! LOL I have my week day job, weekend job, my eBay store and I am trying to finish my Masters Degree in New Media. I have been having troubles with my car lately. This does not help at all. I keep praying to God that one day all my hard work will pay off and I will be making good money so that I can relax a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete